I have an idea to share. I think it’s big.
Here is what I’ve noticed… all this hypothyroid stuff is overwhelming! There is so much to learn. We have low energy, difficulty coping with everyday tasks and have foggy thinking. So simple things for other people, like calling a doctor, ordering labs, learning about medicine, etc… is totally overwhelming for us hypothyroid peeps. How can we possibly find our way to treatment alone?
That’s when I realized: We need to Get a Buddy to help us through! It’s one small thing that will hopefully change everything.
Here’s what to do. Find someone you trust (who won’t nag or judge) and ask them to be your support buddy. You might fear it’s an imposition but it’s really not. Helping you on the road to good health helps everyone in your world. So a good friend, mom, sister or coworker may be happy to step up.
Ask your buddy to read about hypothyroidism (like my worksheet and symptoms list, or Stop the Thyroid Madness). Send them this blog post. They can do the simple tasks that may be overwhelming for you like:
- Finding a good doctor
- Get referrals if needed
- Make the doctor’s appointment for you
- Go with you to the doctor if it will help you
- Get you setup to track your body temperature
- Help you do the symptom checklist for thyroid and adrenals
- Help you figure out if you might also have adrenal fatigue
- Talk with your doctor about what lab work to order
- Help you understand your lab work
- Understand treatment options with natural desiccated thyroid medicine
Do you like this idea? Are you feeling a huge sigh of relief? I hope so! So find a buddy today and be okay with asking for help. Trust me, we all need it! And when you feel better you can help someone else.